Positive Morning Affirmations
What are affirmations?
Positive morning affirmations are phrases that we can say out loud to ourselves or read in our mind. They improve positive thinking, our sense of self-worth, and our behaviour. This is what makes them a fantastic self help tool for self care. Positive thinking is so beneficial because it allows us to create new neural pathways in our brains. Therefore, it is important to know that we need to make affirmations a long term habit for us to fully experience the positive effects. Our minds will eventually realise the benefits of positive affirmation, and then we will begin to automatically process more positive thoughts.
We can help our children to adopt a healthy mindset. When we speak to them positively, we can help them to develop positive and healthy thinking patterns which will serve them throughout their life. Positive morning affirmations can boost self-worth, self-acceptance, and confidence. Interestingly, neuroscientific research shows that self-affirmations light up the brain’s self-processing and valuation systems. This shows us the strong effects of affirmations, so what better reason to begin?!
You may also like: 9 Phrases To Protect Your Child’s Mental Health
What Is The Best Morning Affirmation?
The best morning affirmation is a quote or phrase that resonates with you. Specifically, they should make you feel good about yourself and your life. Affirmations are more likely to take effect if they truly mean something to us, therefore we need to connect with what we are saying and telling ourselves. Starting the day with positivity makes it more likely that you’ll experience emotional well-being throughout the day!
The affirmations you select should be realistic, and about where you are in your life. There is no one-size-fits-all, because we are all on our unique paths. So, it is important to think of positive affirmations which make sense for you currently, and know that you can always add, change and customise them to suit and support yourself.
Affirmations are about accepting and embracing what is, and what can be, not pretending or denying. The reason for this is that we always want to acknowledge how we feel, and then try to change our perspective, and also to think of solutions to move forward in a positive direction. A therapist explains that our perspective is how we choose to see the world, which then determines our thoughts, feelings, and actions. This is what affirmations can help with!
How Do You Start An Affirmation?
Starting an affirmation can be a very empowering journey. Affirmations that are authentic to us, come from a place of value and meaning. To find the best affirmations, we can ask ourselves questions such as:
- What matters to me?
- What would my life look like if I were to feel a different way?
We can often spend our lives living in a way that others have projected onto us, or in ways that we think are expected. However, when we start to look within and ask ourselves meaningful questions, we find that we can get closer to living life in a way that is authentic to who we truly are.
You may also like: 17 Questions For Self Discovery
Remember to be patient with yourself because it takes time to build new patterns of thinking. There are ways you can make it easier for affirmations to be a part of your daily routine. Some ideas for starting your positive morning affirmations are:
- You could journal down your favourite affirmations. Keeping this journal in a place you will more likely see every day is a great idea.
- You could write your affirmations down on post-it notes and stick them around the house.
- You could also stick them to the fridge or by your kettle so that you see them every morning.
- You can also say them out loud to yourself.
- How about Keeping them on your phone so that they are easily accessible throughout the day?
Morning Affirmations For Positive Energy
Positive morning affirmations
- Show me how wonderful this day can be
- I have inner calmness wherever I am
- I am loveable as I am
- I embrace the day with optimism
- I am proud of who I am
- I can choose my own boundaries
- I deserve positive self talk
- I am developing into all of my potentials
- I embrace change
- I enjoy the present moment
- I choose happiness
- I am strong
- I can take gradual steps outside my comfort zone
- Mistakes help me to grow
- I respect myself
- I love my body and soul
- I am open to opportunities
- I have the courage to take my own path
- I can let go of what no longer serves me
- I can choose to put my energy into what is important to me
- I believe in myself
- I am free to express myself
- I listen to what my body needs
- I listen to what makes me feel good
- I create my reality
- I’m allowed to make mistakes
- I don’t need anyone’s permission to do what’s right for me
- All of my achievements are worth celebrating
- I follow my own path
- I nourish myself with words
- I trust my instincts
- I am rooting for myself
- I am open to new insights
- I allow my emotions to pass through me
- It is ok for me to change my mind
- I can ask for help when I need to
- I am in control of my reactions
- It is ok for me to say no
- I am patient with myself
- My best may look different on different days and that’s ok
- I am always worthy
- I am complete
- I am open to positive energy
- My opinion is important to me
- My authentic self is my best self
You may also like: Transform Negative Self Talk
You can think of affirmations that reflect you, your values, and your current needs. These are here to inspire you, and to help provoke some thoughts. Feel free to use these affirmations if they are relevant to you. I hope you start to enjoy the benefits of beginning your day with positive morning affirmations. If you found this post helpful, please do share it! And let me know your thoughts in the comments below.